Can university refuse to issue me with a student because of my religious headgear? (1 Viewer)

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
I have recently converted to Pastafarianism, we believe in the Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster Peace Upon Him and we worship all things carbohydrate. I have received my certificate from the Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster Australia to prove my religious faith.

Can Usyd or any uni refuse to me a student card because the photo is taken when I'm wearing my religious headgear, which is a metal colander?

Please help Pastafarianism to be come a recognised as an equal to any other religion.

https://www.gofundme.com/cfsma

Ramen

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Can university refuse to issue me with a student because of my religious headgear

i don't see how it is any different from wearing any other religious head gear

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
Re: Can university refuse to issue me with a student because of my religious headgear

Me neither. They all look fucking retarded. But I must wear it because it is my religion and to show my devotion to Almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster Peace Upon Him.

I will send usyd my new photo with my religious headgear and I'll try to have my student updated. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

To prove to uni admin that it's not a joke, I think you should include other official ID (passport/driver's licence) where you've used the appropriate headgear in your application.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A

There is no known case of anyone in the NSW being able to have their photo taken while wearing a pasta strainer, people who have tried have all been rejected by RMS. I think there is only one case of a successful pasta strainer as a religious headgear for driver license and that was in the state of Victoria.

The Church is currently involved in legal disputes to have itself recognised as a equal to any other religion.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A

Got a reply back from USYD student admin.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately the pastafarianism movement is not currently formally recognised in Australia as an official religion, so we are unable to facilitate your request.

Kind regards.

Um.. Any law students here can tell me where I can find a list of official religion in Australia?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Google

Kolmias

HSC

Is this for real?

Kolmias

HSC

Yes ofc. Why wouldn't it be?
Because the Church of the FSM is widely known to be a parody religion. :tongue:

It ain't a real religion son.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A

I did, I can't find shit. I'd think law students or religion study students would know about this.

kuromusha

HSC
N/A

Because the Church of the FSM is widely known to be a parody religion. :tongue:

It ain't a real religion son.
Excuse me? Not a real religion? Who are you to tell me that my religion is not real? It is recognised by many countries around the world.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36062126

What is joke is that some people belief a person can resurrect from the dead or 72 virgin in heaven if you blow yourself up.

Kolmias

HSC

Excuse me? Not a real religion? Who are you to tell me that my religion is not real? It is recognised by many countries around the world.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36062126

What is joke is that some people belief a person can resurrect from the dead or 72 virgin in heaven if you blow yourself up.
What a hypocrite.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad

lol clearly a troll

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC

Damn I thought this guy was cool at first, he's just a lame-ass antitheist. :/

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

People have just the same rights to believe in what kuromusha is believing in than to believe what other religions such as Islam, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism etc say. The Flying Spaghetti Monster and Jesus are both the same. Why? Because they are both fiction - but can be real IF YOU BELIEVE IN THEM. Hence, Spaghetti Monster and Christianity are interlinked - you can't discriminate against anyone's religion, because religion in itself is largely based upon hearsay.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Is the FSM equivalent to Sunday School like Sketty School or what

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad

People have just the same rights to believe in what kuromusha is believing in than to believe what other religions such as Islam, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism etc say. The Flying Spaghetti Monster and Jesus are both the same. Why? Because they are both fiction - but can be real IF YOU BELIEVE IN THEM. Hence, Spaghetti Monster and Christianity are interlinked - you can't discriminate against anyone's religion, because religion in itself is largely based upon hearsay.
You left out a Kappa there

DonnaN

HSC
N/A

May the pasta be with you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)