Can Uni's find out your UAC preferences? (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I got a letter from Sydney that said they knew I had applied for an Enginnering course. How did they know that? I thought they wern't allowed to know our preferences.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
did you apply for any usyd scholarships? they ask for a degree specification.

the universities aren't supposed to know...but then again...I was interviewed for a science scholarship and they knew more about me than I did...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I guess they do know your preferences though, I got a Dean's welcome letter from USYD for law too.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, they certainly do know your preferences, along with all of your HSC marks and your UAI.

Both USYD and UTS sometimes accept people who have a UAI below the cut-off if they've done particularly well in a subject related to their desired degree or have other preferences at the same university.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Yes, they certainly do know your preferences, along with all of your HSC marks and your UAI.

Both USYD and UTS sometimes accept people who have a UAI below the cut-off if they've done particularly well in a subject related to their desired degree or have other preferences at the same university.
Yeah they definately find out your UAI, considering it's the universities admission's index. And they must know your preferences cos I get sent Usyd letters and confirmation that one of their courses is my first preference.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
So why do they go through the charade of asking your preferences on scolarship applications?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I think scholarships are awarded before preferences are finalised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)