Questions on Actuarial Studies (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Questions for people studying/studied it:

- Did you regret studying it?
- Was it easy to find a job or internship?
- Did you pick it mainly because it had maths. If not what were your motives?
- Individual or dual degree?

And any other opinions you want to provide. Thanks!

leehuan

HSC
Can't answer first two questions when I'm only in first year and haven't even finished off an ACTL course.

Yeah maths definitely did contribute. It also pays off really well if you stick with it to the end.

Dual. Can't live without my maths degree itself. But there is a slight advantage of doing dual - you get some ASB electives which you can donate to completing part 2 of the qualification process. (You should do some research on the three parts.)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Can't answer first two questions when I'm only in first year and haven't even finished off an ACTL course.

Yeah maths definitely did contribute. It also pays off really well if you stick with it to the end.

Dual. Can't live without my maths degree itself. But there is a slight advantage of doing dual - you get some ASB electives which you can donate to completing part 2 of the qualification process. (You should do some research on the three parts.)
I've heard about the 3 parts. How long do they take to complete (in years)? Also by donating do you mean UOC units or whatever they're called? And what are ASB? Thanks

leehuan

HSC
I've heard about the 3 parts. How long do they take to complete (in years)? Also by donating do you mean UOC units or whatever they're called? And what are ASB? Thanks
I don't know how long they take fully.

Yes. But I'm pretty sure they're all 6 UoC per course.

UNSW business school used to be called "Australian School of Business" but for some reason they changed out of it last year or something.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know how long they take fully.

Yes. But I'm pretty sure they're all 6 UoC per course.

UNSW business school used to be called "Australian School of Business" but for some reason they changed out of it last year or something.
Are you doing the co-op actuarial degree or the normal one?

leehuan

HSC
You can't double degree business coop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D94

HSC
N/A
Are you doing the co-op actuarial degree or the normal one?
In case you aren't aware, the co-op version is part of the co-op scholarship. All the courses (subjects) are the same.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
In case you aren't aware, the co-op version is part of the co-op scholarship. All the courses (subjects) are the same.
Is there a criteria for the scholarship?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)