Ways to get into Optometry (1 Viewer)

student228

HSC
At the moment I am not feeling very confident about what mark I will receive for hsc, and currently the atar cut off for Optometry is about 95 the last time I checked. If i was not to achieve this atar, are there any other ways to get into that field?

si2136

HSC
N/A
Vision Science and transfer :)

EDIT: Isn't Optometry a postgrad course now?

student228

HSC
I'm not entirely sure, I need to do a little more research. Would going into medical science and transferring into vision science be an option?

si2136

HSC
N/A
I'm not entirely sure, I need to do a little more research. Would going into medical science and transferring into vision science be an option?
Yeah, I definitely confirmed that it has changed now. You can do science and major in Vision Science and get a good WAM and do masters in Optom.

or just vision science

student228

HSC
Yeah, I definitely confirmed that it has changed now. You can do science and major in Vision Science and get a good WAM and do masters in Optom.

or just vision science
Isn't the atar for vision science around 95+?

Triseratops

HSC
Hey! Im assuming you want to get into optom at UNSW. If you dont think you can reach the 95+ ATAR (even with bonus points and all) for B vision science (or B advanced science), you also have the option of going into B science (guaranteed entry at 85 ATAR) and majoring in vision science, and then transfer into B vision science after your first year of studies. And then as si2136 said, after you complete your undergrad degree in vision science, you can apply for the masters in optometry. :)

Aint gonna lie though, vision science is not an easy trek! you have been warned! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)