Ranking of best universities for B.Comm. (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Looking at universities. In Sydney, it's somewhat clear that UNSW B.Comm is the most popular choice for students.
What about the uni's that are less preferred?

I've heard MacQ B.Comm is renowned, haven't heard much about U.Syd or UTS other than U.Syd being a GO8.

I'm not sure how to elaborate this question even more, other than: What, in your opinion/experiences are the best universities for B.Comm/Business?

This is disregarding travel, and more on the educational factors i.e. flexibility, infrastructure etc., also, if notable, social factors (communities, clubs).

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I've found the Accounting Department teaching is overall pretty good at Macquarie.

I know most(all?) of the commerce majors at Macquarie are accredited with the relevant industry groups.

For which university is better, it would depend on the commerce area you intend to major in.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Despite by huge bias towards UNSW everything, I know that I have been asked why I'm not attending Macquarie Law or try to get into their actuarial course, not only because its a 20 minutes bus for me as opposed to nearly 1 and a half hours to UNSW, is because it does have that reputation for being good in the Business-y department.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Despite by huge bias towards UNSW everything, I know that I have been asked why I'm not attending Macquarie Law or try to get into their actuarial course, not only because its a 20 minutes bus for me as opposed to nearly 1 and a half hours to UNSW, is because it does have that reputation for being good in the Business-y department.
So what's the reason you're not attending MacQ? Because UNSW is 'better'?

Confound

HSC
the educational quality across all of the unis you have mentioned are equal

the only real difference is that unsw just has more employer events and activit and you'll see most of your friends and the same faces from your school at unsw so you'll feel right at home

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
the educational quality across all of the unis you have mentioned are equal

the only real difference is that unsw just has more employer events and activit and you'll see most of your friends and the same faces from your school at unsw so you'll feel right at home
rank 420 school

not sure about a lot of my friends blazing it at unsw

pHyRe

HSC
Looking at universities. In Sydney, it's somewhat clear that UNSW B.Comm is the most popular choice for students.
What about the uni's that are less preferred?

I've heard MacQ B.Comm is renowned, haven't heard much about U.Syd or UTS other than U.Syd being a GO8.

I'm not sure how to elaborate this question even more, other than: What, in your opinion/experiences are the best universities for B.Comm/Business?

This is disregarding travel, and more on the educational factors i.e. flexibility, infrastructure etc., also, if notable, social factors (communities, clubs).
how so? atars are higher at usyd than unsw for comm

overall i'd say finance accounting unsw has the edge, and usyd has the edge in softer courses like HR, marketing etc.

macquarie is quite good, but i dont think it's quite up there with usyd/unsw atm. usyds IPP program is really good too for getting a foot in the door in industry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)