Need urgent advice on scholarship/university (1 Viewer)

jathu123

HSC
So I was just notified by my school that im eligible for this scholarship from western Sydney university. It's valued at $20000 while also getting a guaranteed entry into WSU and a vip meeting (or something like that idk). The problem is that, I was originally thinking of doing Bachelor of science (Adv Mathematics) at either UNSW or USYD, and if I were to accept the scholarship, then I would be basically forced to go to WSU.

So yeah should I accept it or nah, any opinions please?

Thankyou

HSC
I was in the same position as you! Although scholarships are great, there's no need to settle for the WSU scholarship if you truly want to study at UNSW/USYD! Don't just change the course you want to study based on the scholarship. I know someone who had won the WSU scholarship but gave it up because he decided to study science (advanced mathematics) at USYD!

There are many more scholarships you can apply for at both USYD/UNSW! For example, the Sydney Scholars Award at USYD!

Once again, it is up to you! Good luck :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I think this scholarship is if you want to study medicine/surgery/physio at WSU because we also had it at our school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)