How to timetable classes without destroying my life (1 Viewer)

JuliaKat

HSC
Hey:)
I'm starting Uni next year and I've had a look at the proposed timetable options for the course I hope to get into.
Would doing 5 hours of straight classes in a day ( a three hour class and a two hour with no break) kill me or would I be better to have a three hour gap between classes?

D94

HSC
N/A
Depends on your other days and what you do in your spare time. I think 5 hours straight is ok compared to a 3 hour break. Also, I doubt your 3 hour class will actually run for the entire 3 hours.

itsagre

HSC
N/A
i think it's best to find what works for you in terms of how you study or concentrate. e.g. for me personally, i like having a big break that could be something like 3 hours long in the middle of my uni day because i usually go to the library/somewhere to study and it's more productive than me having in total less uni hours and then studying at home bc i am horrible at concentrating at home lol

also i don't know what you're studying but keep in mind that lectures (for some subjects) may be quite chill as well (from my experience)! so if you don't like long breaks but think that many hours in a row is too intense, depending on what class you have scheduled there, it may not be too bad. hope this helps :)

Silly Sausage

HSC
Five hours with no breaks isn't as uncommon as you'd think. Personally I'd prefer fewer/shorter breaks since they generally increase my temptation to go home.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
You don't necessarily need to adhere to the recommended timetable. If you really want to change it, you should speak to your course advisor and ask if there are other classes you can do that would make your timetable for suitable for you.

JuliaKat

HSC
Thanks for the advice, really helps to get some different points of view!

Also, really like all the Doctor Who profile pictures in this thread haha:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)