UNSW Student Looking to Transfer to MQ (1 Viewer)

byz

HSC
Hi guys, first time posting here. Thought I would try my luck.

I just finished my first year at UNSW in a Bachelor of International Studies and was thinking of changing to a Law degree anywhere possible in Sydney. Unfortunately, I only ended up with a low credit average this semester due to a lack of concentration.

I was looking to transfer to a Law degree at either Macquarie or WSU through UAC.

I only enrolled in 5 subjects this year (or 0.625 full-time equivalent) and my 2015 ATAR was about 90. I've heard that my 2015 ATAR will be considered if I have studied less than a full-time year equivalent at uni but not sure?

I was wondering if you guys had any advice about my chances at getting either MQ or WSU Law, or maybe where I should start looking, etc.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

westernsydneyu

HSC
Hi Byz,

You can definitely apply with both your ATAR score and your current GPA; whichever is considered to be more competitive will be used as your rank. Just keep in mind that in order to be eligible for a main round offer you need to apply and pay on UAC by midnight 2 December. Follow this link for more information on our law courses: https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/future/future_students_home/ug/law.

Cheers,
Western.

byz

HSC
Hi Western,

Thanks for the helpful and clear information you provided :)

If I were to get into B Law/B International Studies at WSU, would the B International Studies subjects I've taken at UNSW count towards my WSU degree?

Cheers,
byz

westernsydneyu

HSC
Hi Byz,

You could definitely apply for credit for those subjects through a process called Advanced Standing. You have to be enrolled to apply for Advanced Standing, and the credit that you receive would depend on whether the subjects you have completed match some of the units in our course structure. We cannot give you a guarantee that you would receive this credit as your case would have to be assessed by an Academic, but you could absolutely apply for Advanced Standing and there is a good chance that at least a few units would cross over.

Cheers,
Western

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)