Actuary dual degree question (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi, just a question about actuarial studies.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing a bachelor of actuarial studies combined with:
- Commerce
- Advanced Science (Maths)

Just want advantages between those two dual degrees, this is for UNSW btw. Thanks in advance for any input!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i dont get it

disadvantages and advantages are personal things - we need to know more about you before we can say stuff about it

like we don't even know what commerce major you're going for and that really hinges on a lot of things, and same with maths major

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
i dont get it

disadvantages and advantages are personal things - we need to know more about you before we can say stuff about it

like we don't even know what commerce major you're going for and that really hinges on a lot of things, and same with maths major
I should've rephrased the question and said - which one helps with the actuarial bachelor more (in terms of making it easier/common content).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
maths

in actuarial, they brush over some of the actual maths - in maths, you learn the foundations

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of making the content in actuarial easier, maths would definitely be the way to go. The maths in commerce isn't heavy at all. There's probably more to consider than just which degree makes actuarial content easier though, so keep that in mind when choosing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)