ANU v MACQ v UNSW for studying Law and something 'Politics', 2017 (1 Viewer)

Measananon

HSC
N/A
I will be studying Law in 2017, and have questions regarding Universities and Courses. I am after opinions and general consensus’ which you believe exists in the job market. I live in Sydney, NSW and have currently received—or am expecting to receive—offers from UNSW, ANU, MACQ, and WSU.
As for fields, I am interested in pursuing Politics, Criminal Law, or Corporate Law. I don't like to think that I'm restricted, but admittedly, my passion lies somewhere within the political sphere (whether that be MP, Policy Advisor, International Agency, etc.)
This is a long post and so responding to any part, however minuscule, is much appreciated.
I am only new to this site, and so please accept my apology if a similar thread is available which address my specific questions. Links will be much appreciated.

1. WHICH UNIVERSITY?
1a. ANU or MACQ
I have received an offer from both ANU and MACQ, but have to wait for main rounds to hear from UNSW considering the new LAT entry requirements. Is it worth relocating from Sydney to Canberra to study at The Australian National University as opposed to Macquarie University for the sake of a better rank and reputation? Is the difference in reputation stark?
1b. ANU or UNSW
I have not yet received an from UNSW, however, I’m still interested in the following. Considering the two universities similitude in ranking and reputation, would it be ‘pointless’ to move to ANU? I am looking to study and/or enter Politics, and the geopolitical scape of Canberra seems ideal. I understand the subjectivity of this question; if there are any people who live in or study in Canberra, your experiential knowledge would be awesome.

2. WHICH COURSE?
I have been bamboozled with advice from an array of sources, and have hear innumerably that Arts degrees and their components (i.e. Political Science; Politics, Philosophy, and Economics; Social Science; International Studies) are practically ‘useless’. In your opinion, is this true, or a myth? Would there be ANY comments that you can make about Arts degrees, mainly from personal experience or the experience of friends? Is there any particular course you recommend for Politics and Law, or even an entire new field of Law which is better for the market (as this is a necessary consideration!)?

Sorry to bring up classic questions, most of the stuff online is outdated, or irrelevant to my specific dilemma! I am grateful for your even reading of my questions! 

TL;DR I am lost, lol, thnx.

gizdonk2

HSC
If you want a government job/politics, anu is really really where it's at, nearly anyone can get into it. The others are tougher for politics. UNSW is better than mq I guess, but employers don't care as much about prestige than people on here (especially Asians) seem to think. Politics overwhelmingly is more about networking than grades and your local member doubtfully went to uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)