Arts/Economics vs International Studies at USYD ? (1 Viewer)

magicbunny

HSC
N/A
I am honestly great with either arts/ economics (dual degree) or international studies as I am okay with it all. Which one is better in terms of getting a job/ hiring? I've read on some forum that some people think that international studies is a glorified arts degree like English or gender studies and that it would be hard to find a job with it. So any opinion on which is a better one?

weebweeb

HSC
N/A
I am legitimately having the same problems in choosing between these two options as well !!!!!!!!

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Definitely arts/economics. I thought international studies was an arts major lol so yeah, it probably is a glorified arts degree.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Go with what you like the best.. To be honest the future of jobs isn't limited by your degree, but by your capacity to learn new skills..particularly with uprise of artificial intelligence, and for many industries such as consulting it doesn't matter what degree you did.

Confound

HSC
^ that's nice and all
but the degree you do will make life easier for you lol. Choose economics

si2136

HSC
N/A
Art/Eco @ USYD

3 Majors, Statistics, Economics and Finance would be the best option.

International Studies isn't really that helpful at USYD, compared to Comm (Liberal Studies) and Arts(Languages) at USYD and Comm(International) which are useful 'liberal art' degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)