Want some clarification on early offers. (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I've received and just accepted BComm at Macquarie University and I have a few questions.

Doing some research, I've been reassured that I still have the same chances in the main round for other offers. I have also heard that I can simply unenrol if I get a better offer, but it might be a lengthy process. If I do receive another offer that I want, do I accept it on UAC, then call Macquarie to cancel the enrolment?

Since Macquarie's direct offers don't show up on UAC yet, will they eventually show up? Probably in the main round?

Also, there wasn't any time limit for Macquarie's direct offers, is there a general limit?

teequal

HSC
I've received and just accepted BComm at Macquarie University and I have a few questions.

Doing some research, I've been reassured that I still have the same chances in the main round for other offers. I have also heard that I can simply unenrol if I get a better offer, but it might be a lengthy process. If I do receive another offer that I want, do I accept it on UAC, then call Macquarie to cancel the enrolment?

Since Macquarie's direct offers don't show up on UAC yet, will they eventually show up? Probably in the main round?

Also, there wasn't any time limit for Macquarie's direct offers, is there a general limit?
I suggest you don't actually enrol in any classes until you've went through the main round and if Macquarie is your best offer, consider it then, or perhaps after the first late round of offers in early February. The majority of people will be enrolling into units around then so there is no rush to do so until then. Enrolling is going to be a pain in the butt and you may change your mind. Also AFAIK you can leave your enrolment online at any point, but try and be before the census date for their first session (I think you have to pay fees after that point). And yes, accept it through whatever means the university will provide (It's generally on their own student site with a student ID, and then simply call MQ or make a request online. Hope this helps and goodluck.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

They should eventually turned up. Mine showed up either late December or early January(Was a couple of years ago so I can't remember)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)