Degree vs Degree / Uni vs Uni Thread (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Sorry mods if this isn't allowed.

As seen on the page and as Jan 18 becomes closer with less than a month left to finish up our preferences, many to-be uni students are questioning their degree choices, including me :p.

So I thought it was a good idea to make an all-in-one thread. I realise that there is a risk of some users being ignored, so those who are willing to contribute, it will be great if previous posts can be noticed.

I'll start off as it was the reason I thought of this thread.

Macquarie App Finance / Eco | Law vs Macquarie Comm (Acc major) vs UNSW/USYD Comm

sourmilk

HSC
Personally I'll choose UNSW/USYD Commerce.

Although I'm in the same boat as you, I feel like if you get into UNSW/USYD Commerce - then you can transfer to Macquarie if it wasn't your liking.
Is there a reason why you're choosing between the two universities?

-
In other news, I really want to do Pr/Advertising and I'm set on doing it in the future as a career choice.
So not sure if:

- B Media: Pr / Advertising @ UNSW
- B Media: Public Communications @ UTS

and if I get into either, i'm not sure whether to do a dual degree with either commerce or international studies.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Personally I'll choose UNSW/USYD Commerce.

Although I'm in the same boat as you, I feel like if you get into UNSW/USYD Commerce - then you can transfer to Macquarie if it wasn't your liking.
Is there a reason why you're choosing between the two universities?

-
In other news, I really want to do Pr/Advertising and I'm set on doing it in the future as a career choice.
So not sure if:

- B Media: Pr / Advertising @ UNSW
- B Media: Public Communications @ UTS

and if I get into either, i'm not sure whether to do a dual degree with either commerce or international studies.
By the "two" universities I'll be assuming UNSW/USYD OR MacQ. My original comparison was between App Finance vs Comm with an Accounting major for Macquarie. Now thinking I probably would go for UNSW as well, but in consideration of distance (which I should've included in the original), MacQ is only 10 mins away from me and UNSW/USYD are 40 mins.

I was also considering whether an Applied Finance/Eco + Law degree would have greater diversity (be a "better" degree) to do than just a single Commerce degree. Transferring to a different degree also is, AFAIK, fairly difficult if you haven't done the cores, and the process would be easier to find a better choice off the bat.

---

Would probably go with UNSW if you get into it. If you do, I would probably do a dual degree with Commerce then go on exchange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)