UTS law vs internal transfer in UNSW/USYD? (1 Viewer)

mhk

HSC
N/A
I was thinking of doing commerce/arts at either usyd or unsw and then transferring into law, but recently I've heard that UTS law is better than UNSW and USYD in getting a job due to their program being focused on practical learning etc and that only students that are the top 1% or something crazy like that at UNSW or USYD will get a job, and that its very difficult for the rest of the cohort- i would appreciate it so much if current uts/usyd/unsw students could tell me if this was true!

Also for UTS students, how is the law program/ general uni life there? I've only looked into unsw and usyd so I don't really have an idea of what UTS would be like! :)

si2136

HSC
N/A
I will not give my own opinion on this as I will be critiqued, but the difference between UTS Law and USYD/UNSW Law is that UTS offers Practical Legal Training (PLT) during the uni study, which allows UTS students to graduate and practice law straight away, compared to other students from different universities.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I was thinking of doing commerce/arts at either usyd or unsw and then transferring into law, but recently I've heard that UTS law is better than UNSW and USYD in getting a job due to their program being focused on practical learning etc and that only students that are the top 1% or something crazy like that at UNSW or USYD will get a job, and that its very difficult for the rest of the cohort- i would appreciate it so much if current uts/usyd/unsw students could tell me if this was true!

Also for UTS students, how is the law program/ general uni life there? I've only looked into unsw and usyd so I don't really have an idea of what UTS would be like! :)
Can someone affirm or deny the validity of this statistic? I feel that it is very far fetched..

engineering

HSC
N/A
Google something called "gradstats 2015".

Employment rate of new law graduates nation wide is about 74%

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I am pretty sure it is not just the top 1% of UNSW and USYD cohort that gets employed-where did you get this stat from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)