How to be eligible for late round offers? (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
to be eligible for late round offers, do you need to do something special?
I already enrolled in my course at usyd but haven't fully completed the application. I'm trying to apply for late round offers to unsw. Do I have to cancel my offer at usyd to get a late round offer? I have changed my preferences already, with unsw courses as the top preferences.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
to be eligible for late round offers, do you need to do something special?
I already enrolled in my course at usyd but haven't fully completed the application. I'm trying to apply for late round offers to unsw. Do I have to cancel my offer at usyd to get a late round offer? I have changed my preferences already, with unsw courses as the top preferences.
Finish enrolment at USYD and enrol in classes just in case

Then log into UAC and switch your preferences to have the course you want as your preference. Shouldnt need anything special... just need the requisite mark and there needs to be space in the course.

If you get an offer you can withdraw from Usyd

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

qwert73

HSC
Finish enrolment at USYD and enrol in classes just in case

Then log into UAC and switch your preferences to have the course you want as your preference. Shouldnt need anything special... just need the requisite mark and there needs to be space in the course.

If you get an offer you can withdraw from Usyd

before inputting my TFN, the usyd site says this: "The amounts calculated are an indication of your actual fees, the amounts shown above also exclude any discount that may be applied if you choose to make a full or partial up front payment. You can do this on the following screens when completing a Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP. The actual fees for your enrolment will be processed and invoiced through your Sydney Student portal within 24 hours. Once your fees have been assessed and your finance account has been confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation to your University email address and you will then be able to access your Student Financial Statement."

does this mean that HECS will be taken out for my Usyd degree, even if I decide to cancel later on?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
before inputting my TFN, the usyd site says this: "The amounts calculated are an indication of your actual fees, the amounts shown above also exclude any discount that may be applied if you choose to make a full or partial up front payment. You can do this on the following screens when completing a Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP. The actual fees for your enrolment will be processed and invoiced through your Sydney Student portal within 24 hours. Once your fees have been assessed and your finance account has been confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation to your University email address and you will then be able to access your Student Financial Statement."

does this mean that HECS will be taken out for my Usyd degree, even if I decide to cancel later on?
You will only be made liable for tuition fees if you fail to unenrol from units before the census date (which should he sometime in March). You will need to check the relevant date for USYD.

If you accept and enrol at the other uni and unenrol/withdraw from USYD before the census date you will be fine.

Last edited:

engineering

HSC
N/A
You don't have to apply for late rounds. Your application is still live, but ......

Always accept your first round offer, even if it is not what you want. You can always drop it later without financial penalty. There is never a guarantee that you will get a later offer.

You will only get a second round offer if there is a spot available in a preference higher than the one you got in main round (unless you change your preferences). Of course, if you didn't get your highest preferences in the main round, that means you didn't get the cutoff. It is not very common that unis lower their cutoffs between rounds. Unis will usually keep the same cutoff between rounds, unless there are only a very small number of places left.

You cannot get a second round offer if you got your first preference in the main round unless you change you preferences to put a new one number 1. Put the thing you really want as number 1.

V – absolutely guarantees there will be second round offers (if the applicants meet the ATAR cutoff).

No V – offers can still be made. Most unis make second round offers in most courses exept the most popular ones. Even degrees like law often make late round offers

Strongly suggest anyone hoping to get second round offers should read the FAQ at http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/faq/offers.shtml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)