Unsw law, lat + atar combo needed for entry (1 Viewer)

Agga2

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of a ballpark figure for the LAT + ATAR combo needed for UNSW law entry.
I know UNSW has not posted any info as of yet, however since uni offers were released I was hoping to get some info from you guys...
Just curious as to the minimum ATAR + LAT combo needed for law entry seeing as its the first time LAT has been introduced.

Cheers

windows98

HSC
I got in this year with a 96.65 ATAR and 21st percentile in LAT which is absolutely terrible, genuinely thought my offer was a joke - so you should be fine LOL - all the best :)

iStudent

HSC
I got in this year with a 96.65 ATAR and 21st percentile in LAT which is absolutely terrible, genuinely thought my offer was a joke - so you should be fine LOL - all the best :)
I wonder if it's because most people aren't aware that LAT exists

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
That is very hard to believe.. But congrats! I know a mate who got 97.60 ATAR and 60th percentile LAT and didn't make the cut off and he put UNSW Law as his first pref but rip

aoc

HSC
can you use bonus points for unsw law?

aoc

HSC
Then perhaps windows got the AAA scholarship and atar was valued more than the LAT? But this is just a guess as there is not much info on it atm

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Then perhaps windows got the AAA scholarship and atar was valued more than the LAT? But this is just a guess as there is not much info on it atm
Nah she didn't

windows98

HSC
That is very hard to believe.. But congrats! I know a mate who got 97.60 ATAR and 60th percentile LAT and didn't make the cut off and he put UNSW Law as his first pref but rip
Haha I am happy to provide screenshots, I'm just as surprised as you were I genuinely thought it was a joke - they were super weird about the LAT and the cut offs and what not this year, a friend of a friend got in with a 90 ATAR and a 100th percentile LAT even though the ATAR cut off is 95, one of my closest friends got in with a 99+ ATAR and he didn't even sit the LAT (he's doing a cadetship at UBS so I don't know if that counts for anything, it shouldn't) - I'm so sorry for your friend though that genuinely sucks :(

falances

HSC
Sighhh same thing happened with me... Got 97.5+ ATAR and 91st percentile for LAT, but I got no offer even when UNSW Law was my 1st preference. Oh well, I guess I'll try to transfer. Congrats though :)

D94

HSC
N/A
I got in this year with a 96.65 ATAR and 21st percentile in LAT
EAS? AAA? Surely there was something other than just an ATAR and LAT if the people below didn't get an offer. Otherwise that makes no sense at all.

Got 97.5+ ATAR and 91st percentile for LAT, but I got no offer even when UNSW Law was my 1st preference.
I know a mate who got 97.60 ATAR and 60th percentile LAT and didn't make the cut off and he put UNSW Law as his first pref but rip

Jakulore

HSC
Sighhh same thing happened with me... Got 97.5+ ATAR and 91st percentile for LAT, but I got no offer even when UNSW Law was my 1st preference. Oh well, I guess I'll try to transfer. Congrats though :)
That doesn't make any sense...

andrew12678

HSC
Have a friend who did not do the LAT but got a 99.7 and still got an offer based off an estimation, perhaps if you are expecting to receive a high atar you could better off not doing LAT

windows98

HSC
EAS? AAA? Surely there was something other than just an ATAR and LAT if the people below didn't get an offer. Otherwise that makes no sense at all.
Neither, had to Google what they were lol - my parents said having gone to two really high ranking "prestigious" high schools helped but they were just joking haha - not sure if you saw my second comment but it genuinely makes no sense unfortunately, feel pretty bad tbh :/

"Haha I am happy to provide screenshots, I'm just as surprised as you were I genuinely thought it was a joke - they were super weird about the LAT and the cut offs and what not this year, a friend of a friend got in with a 90 ATAR and a 100th percentile LAT even though the ATAR cut off is 95, one of my closest friends got in with a 99+ ATAR and he didn't even sit the LAT (he's doing a cadetship at UBS so I don't know if that counts for anything, it shouldn't) - I'm so sorry for your friend though that genuinely sucks :( "

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Neither, had to Google what they were lol - my parents said having gone to two really high ranking "prestigious" high schools helped but they were just joking haha - not sure if you saw my second comment but it genuinely makes no sense unfortunately, feel pretty bad tbh :/

"Haha I am happy to provide screenshots, I'm just as surprised as you were I genuinely thought it was a joke - they were super weird about the LAT and the cut offs and what not this year, a friend of a friend got in with a 90 ATAR and a 100th percentile LAT even though the ATAR cut off is 95, one of my closest friends got in with a 99+ ATAR and he didn't even sit the LAT (he's doing a cadetship at UBS so I don't know if that counts for anything, it shouldn't) - I'm so sorry for your friend though that genuinely sucks :( "
I think they're just trying to get people from more socio-economic backgrounds etc etc - e.g. suburb wise, gender wise, and all of that jazz

What annoys me is that my mate got in with an IB equivalent of 96 and didn't even have to set that LAT - I guess Uni is just a business in the end, can't fight the system.

nest99

HSC
I got an ATAR of 93 and performed very poorly on the LAT (0-20th percentile) and I also received an offer for UNSW dual law, I couldn't believe it! However, I was eligible for multiple EAS criteria. I feel so sorry for those who got an ATAR of 97+ who still didn't get in :(

studyingj

HSC
I thought it was a bit weird that I got an offer since I got an LAT score in the 48th percentile and an ATAR score of 97.3... very surprised but incredibly happy about it! :biglaugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)