• 1 Post By windows98
  • 1 Post By BandSixFix
  • 2 Post By BandSixFix

Thread: Unsw law, lat + atar combo needed for entry

HSC
    N/A

Unsw law, lat + atar combo needed for entry

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of a ballpark figure for the LAT + ATAR combo needed for UNSW law entry.
    I know UNSW has not posted any info as of yet, however since uni offers were released I was hoping to get some info from you guys...
    Just curious as to the minimum ATAR + LAT combo needed for law entry seeing as its the first time LAT has been introduced.

Cheers

D94
    HSC
    N/A

Re: Unsw law, lat + atar combo needed for entry

HSC

I got in this year with a 96.65 ATAR and 21st percentile in LAT which is absolutely terrible, genuinely thought my offer was a joke - so you should be fine LOL - all the best
    jazatwal likes this.

Executive Member
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by windows98 View Post
    I got in this year with a 96.65 ATAR and 21st percentile in LAT which is absolutely terrible, genuinely thought my offer was a joke - so you should be fine LOL - all the best
    I wonder if it's because most people aren't aware that LAT exists
    CHEM + PHYS TRIAL QUESTIONS SORTED BY DOT POINT
    http://community.boredofstudies.org/...t-answers.html

EXAM RESPONSES + FREE NOTES (99.90)
    http://community.boredofstudies.org/...m-phys%5D.html

HSC

That is very hard to believe.. But congrats! I know a mate who got 97.60 ATAR and 60th percentile LAT and didn't make the cut off and he put UNSW Law as his first pref but rip
    windows98 likes this.

aoc
    Cadet
    HSC

can you use bonus points for unsw law?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by aoc View Post
    can you use bonus points for unsw law?
    UNSW Law only accepts bonus points for entry to Undergraduate Law that are issued as part of the AAA Scholarship.

http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/future-st...y/bonus-points

aoc
    Cadet
    HSC

Then perhaps windows got the AAA scholarship and atar was valued more than the LAT? But this is just a guess as there is not much info on it atm

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by aoc View Post
    Then perhaps windows got the AAA scholarship and atar was valued more than the LAT? But this is just a guess as there is not much info on it atm
    Nah she didn't

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    That is very hard to believe.. But congrats! I know a mate who got 97.60 ATAR and 60th percentile LAT and didn't make the cut off and he put UNSW Law as his first pref but rip
    Haha I am happy to provide screenshots, I'm just as surprised as you were I genuinely thought it was a joke - they were super weird about the LAT and the cut offs and what not this year, a friend of a friend got in with a 90 ATAR and a 100th percentile LAT even though the ATAR cut off is 95, one of my closest friends got in with a 99+ ATAR and he didn't even sit the LAT (he's doing a cadetship at UBS so I don't know if that counts for anything, it shouldn't) - I'm so sorry for your friend though that genuinely sucks

HSC

Sighhh same thing happened with me... Got 97.5+ ATAR and 91st percentile for LAT, but I got no offer even when UNSW Law was my 1st preference. Oh well, I guess I'll try to transfer. Congrats though

D94
    HSC
    N/A

I got in this year with a 96.65 ATAR and 21st percentile in LAT
    EAS? AAA? Surely there was something other than just an ATAR and LAT if the people below didn't get an offer. Otherwise that makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by falances View Post
    Got 97.5+ ATAR and 91st percentile for LAT, but I got no offer even when UNSW Law was my 1st preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by BandSixFix View Post
    I know a mate who got 97.60 ATAR and 60th percentile LAT and didn't make the cut off and he put UNSW Law as his first pref but rip

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by falances View Post
    Sighhh same thing happened with me... Got 97.5+ ATAR and 91st percentile for LAT, but I got no offer even when UNSW Law was my 1st preference. Oh well, I guess I'll try to transfer. Congrats though
    That doesn't make any sense...
    HSC 2016

English Advanced: 89 English Extension: 44 Ancient History: 91 Biology: 89 Food Technology: 90 Legal Studies: 90

2016 ATAR: 94.45

2017+:
    Bachelor of Combined Law at UNSW

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Jakulore View Post
    That doesn't make any sense...
    Yeah those scores should have definitely been enough to secure entry... (97.35 + 89th percentile)

Cadet
    HSC

Have a friend who did not do the LAT but got a 99.7 and still got an offer based off an estimation, perhaps if you are expecting to receive a high atar you could better off not doing LAT
    Baulko Class of 2016

English Advanced | Mathematics Extension 1 | Mathematics Extension 2 | Physics | Chemistry

ATAR: 99.95

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by D94 View Post
    EAS? AAA? Surely there was something other than just an ATAR and LAT if the people below didn't get an offer. Otherwise that makes no sense at all.
    Neither, had to Google what they were lol - my parents said having gone to two really high ranking "prestigious" high schools helped but they were just joking haha - not sure if you saw my second comment but it genuinely makes no sense unfortunately, feel pretty bad tbh :/

"Haha I am happy to provide screenshots, I'm just as surprised as you were I genuinely thought it was a joke - they were super weird about the LAT and the cut offs and what not this year, a friend of a friend got in with a 90 ATAR and a 100th percentile LAT even though the ATAR cut off is 95, one of my closest friends got in with a 99+ ATAR and he didn't even sit the LAT (he's doing a cadetship at UBS so I don't know if that counts for anything, it shouldn't) - I'm so sorry for your friend though that genuinely sucks "

HSC

Neither, had to Google what they were lol - my parents said having gone to two really high ranking "prestigious" high schools helped but they were just joking haha - not sure if you saw my second comment but it genuinely makes no sense unfortunately, feel pretty bad tbh :/

"Haha I am happy to provide screenshots, I'm just as surprised as you were I genuinely thought it was a joke - they were super weird about the LAT and the cut offs and what not this year, a friend of a friend got in with a 90 ATAR and a 100th percentile LAT even though the ATAR cut off is 95, one of my closest friends got in with a 99+ ATAR and he didn't even sit the LAT (he's doing a cadetship at UBS so I don't know if that counts for anything, it shouldn't) - I'm so sorry for your friend though that genuinely sucks "
    I think they're just trying to get people from more socio-economic backgrounds etc etc - e.g. suburb wise, gender wise, and all of that jazz

What annoys me is that my mate got in with an IB equivalent of 96 and didn't even have to set that LAT - I guess Uni is just a business in the end, can't fight the system.

Thread Information