how can there still be vancancies in courses?? (1 Viewer)

sourmilk

HSC
I was angstly lurking at the UAC degree vancancies and notice the course I wanted to do had a cut off and still had vancancies. I'm just curious why there could be still be vancanies when there are people who fall shy below the cut off (ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) didn't get a spot.

Like who are they saving the vancancies for?

engineering

HSC
N/A
The Uni has decided, for whatever reason, that they do not want to make offers below XXX, even though they have spare spots.

Reasons for them not wanting to lower the cutoff might include
Students below XXX might have a lower than acceptable risk of failure
For prestige reasons they want the cutoff to be above xxx.

They are hoping that other students (maybe above xx) will change prefs for round 2.

It is still possible they might lower the cutoff for round 2, but that is not very common

Jakulore

HSC
"If you applied for a course marked with a ‘V’ and you were not made an offer, your qualifications may
not have been sufficient to gain entry into the course in this round." From the UAC website.

So yeah, I assume the Uni's just want to maintain that cut off and/or are willing to wait for people to change their preferences for the February Round. It would be unlikely, yet still slightly possible, that they will admit students below the cut off for the February round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)