Getting into uni!!! (1 Viewer)

Ahmed _BD

HSC
Hey guys,
I've got a bit of a crisis to deal with.

So i, like you all, put in my course preferences for uac. Now i assumed you would get offers for ALL the course preferences you got the atar for; i only realised my mistake yesterday night.

My 1st preference was computer science at usyd (i know, unsw>usyd for this, i had my reasons) with comp science at unsw 2nd. I got my usyd offer through main round, but now im contemplating my decision and leaning more toward unsw now [also, JUST noticed (last night) i recieved a scholarship back in November from unsw (https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...EJ_mCjgBfKnpypA&sig2=hfURnQQtMLBvyfojoRTRuw)]

Is there any way i can get another unsw offer to accept this?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.S. Yeh yeh, i feel like a blind fool for not noticing the scholarship that was at the end of my guaranteed entry email... >.> but hey, that's life

Jakulore

HSC
You can change your preferences for the February 1 round?

Edit: There are also vacancies still in the course so you could get it if you change your preferences :)

Last edited:

Ahmed _BD

HSC
I realise what you said :)
It's just that i sometimes tend to blindly act without thought. Aill definitely keep in mind. Cheers

Ahmed _BD

HSC
I'm aware of the following rounds, but i'm pretty sure it says in the link the offers end by January, which is what i'm worried about :/
Thanks though

qwert73

HSC
According to this, http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/2017-cutoffs-main.pdf there are still spots available in unsw computer science and almost all of its double degrees.
As for the AAA scholarship, as long as you are attending the university in semester 1 (or by the census date), then you will receive the scholarship money. It doesn't matter what round you get an offer in.

Ahmed _BD

HSC
Thanks for the info, and the doc. Interesting to see that most are still vacant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)