Is there absolutely no way to get into a course after not getting an offer? (1 Viewer)

Account2017

HSC
So we all know unis only want our money.

I'm one point below the course cutoff. I have gotten offers to usyd, uts and mq but not unsw. There are apparently no vacancies left for my course at unsw.

I wasn't eligible for bonus points but I reckon if I had the forsight to apply for the faculty of engineering thing where you can get in with a slightly lower atar i would've gotten in. Is it literally impossible to get in contact with someone at the university and inquire? Someone mentioned to me that my experiences etc. are really good and that I should call up and even though they were just saying that, it made me think of the possibility.

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
You can try and ring but I reckon it'd probably be in vain. You can always try for another course at UNSW in Round 2 with a lower ATAR (or just stick with another uni) and do a transfer?

D94

HSC
N/A
If they just let anyone in, what's the point of your ATAR and cutoffs?

engineering

HSC
N/A
Is it literally impossible to get in contact with someone at the university and inquire?
Imagine you could contact them, what will you say?
1: I don't have the cutoff
2: I know you have no vacancies
3: I didn't apply for your special access scheme by the due date
4: My mate was probably not being serious, but reckons I would be great in this course

What do you think the answer will be?

Uni is often the first time you experience the adult consequences of actions or inactions.

As another poster has said, good marks in Uni this year might make you competitive for an offer next year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)