Can i get into medicine courses that have unit 2 maths as assumed with only gen maths (1 Viewer)

yeahboiiii

HSC
So Im currently studying year 11 with General maths, Standard english, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Business studies as my subjects. However i want to get into a medicine course that states unit 2 Maths as assumed knowledge. Assuming i get the Atar required, am i still eligible to get into the course? Im only doing general maths (other than reduce study pressure) is because Ive been away from school (personal reasons) a lot of my year 10 lifetime and missed out on a lot of coursework, which i never really caught up on and feel like I'll struggle catching up and probably spent most of my hsc time studying just maths. Otherwise I'm a above average student in maths normally getting mid tier highs to low tier outstandings on my previous schooling results.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Re: Can i get into medicine courses that have unit 2 maths as assumed with only gen m

There is a difference between assumed knowledge vs prerequisite.

If it is only assumed knowledge, it means that you could get in if you get the mark.

However it doesn't mean you will pass, they obviously said it was assumed knowledge for a reason. There is a big step in knowledge between general and regular maths in integration and differentiation.

donkily

HSC
N/A
Re: Can i get into medicine courses that have unit 2 maths as assumed with only gen m

So Im currently studying year 11 with General maths, Standard english, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Business studies as my subjects. However i want to get into a medicine course that states unit 2 Maths as assumed knowledge. Assuming i get the Atar required, am i still eligible to get into the course? Im only doing general maths (other than reduce study pressure) is because Ive been away from school (personal reasons) a lot of my year 10 lifetime and missed out on a lot of coursework, which i never really caught up on and feel like I'll struggle catching up and probably spent most of my hsc time studying just maths. Otherwise I'm a above average student in maths normally getting mid tier highs to low tier outstandings on my previous schooling results.
It's quite difficult to get a high ATAR with standard english

sourmilk

HSC

It's quite difficult to get a high ATAR with standard english
It's not that difficult, you can get an atar of 99 with standard english. aim high dude - aim high.

andrew12678

HSC

it aligns really bad due to the difficulty of the texts and there's a low B6 % rate
Can confirm above is true, seen it first hand myself via a friend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)