90+ in UMAT (1 Viewer)

nerdwithapurpose

HSC
This question has been asked so many times, but how does one get a 90+ in the UMAT? Are there any tips you could give me? Is starting to study for it now too late, because I only finalised what I wanted to do very recently? How should you go about studying for it? Please help, someone!

andrew12678

HSC
When you bring up numbers like 90+ you are talking about percentiles (i.e. how many people you beat) so this is actually all relative on how every performs in the UMAT, non predictable unfortunately. Your actual UMAT score should be triple digits (eg. 155,175,189) which is then used to determine your percentile, ACER also do not release any data in terms of raw marks (/134)=what UMAT score so it's all guesswork.

Tips:

-Probably do a preparation course (medentry is best) for S3, it's the only section that can be tutored and from my own experience it does work.
-Practice papers help with getting used to the 3hr concentration time (1 a week is pretty standard)
-Make sure you really want Med/Dent etc before you spend the fee on ACER and courses

Never too late to start studying ofc

iStudent

HSC
How hard is 90+ in the umat, generally speaking?
That's kinda subjective - depends on who you are?

For 90% of the people, it will be hard
For the remaining 10% it isn't

UMAT is really like an IQ test - you can't really change your outcome through studying etc that much.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
That's kinda subjective - depends on who you are?

For 90% of the people, it will be hard
For the remaining 10% it isn't

UMAT is really like an IQ test - you can't really change your outcome through studying etc that much.
lol what. The outcome (i.e. your percentile) can change DRASTICALLY. I know plenty of people who've done it twice and gotten incredibly different scores (think 70%tile to 97+). It is not like an IQ test - your IQ doesn't change, but your UMAT percentile does change. You can change it for the better by prepping for it effectively (what 'effective' means, I don't know, I winged it and did ok).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)