Bachelor of Economics/Art at UNSW or USYD? (1 Viewer)

weebweeb

HSC
N/A
Hey guys! I'm in year 12 and i was thinking of doing an eco/arts course at uni. I've been searching through some past threads and there has been some bad reviews about economics at uni? Any thoughts or experiences of these courses at UNSW or USYD? As i am having a hard time in choosing which uni. :) Also, is anyone part of any clubs/societies? How do those work?

(and are the anime clubs fun? HAHA)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
well only unsw has an anime club that's worth talking about, tbf

sida1049

HSC
Since I go to USYD, I can only offer half the story.

USYD offers a pre-economics honours program which offers more advanced, rigorous second and third-year units instead of the usual. This was one of the main reasons that swayed me to USYD over UNSW.

Regarding societies, at USYD you can only officially join societies if you have Access membership, which costs. In UNSW you don't. The reason for this is because that Access membership is actually how societies get funding at USYD. I only attend the mathematics society regularly, which is great. But I have no idea how the other societies are.

USYD Arts is great.

Either way, both universities are good. You need to do some research and look at the finer details, such as course structure and flexibility, to decide which one suits you better.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
If you're more focused on the arts aspect - go USYD
If you're more focused on the economies aspect - go UNSW

sida1049

HSC
If you're more focused on the arts aspect - go USYD
If you're more focused on the economies aspect - go UNSW
I don't think it's that black and white. OP needs to see the degree structures and content to work out what suits them best.

feeah

HSC
i'm in the same place, i wanna do eco/arts next year but i'm not sure which uni would be better suited towards me. gotta research a bit further i guess, like sida said.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Travel time?

UNSW has trimesters coming, USYD currently doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)