What are exams like in uni? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyone here knows what are exams like in uni??
Would it still have lots of essays? Would it be harder?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Harder yes. You need to know all your content very well. More essays yes

varsity54

HSC
Uni Grad
Exams in uni are fairly similar to those you do in the HSC, except a tad harder and more vague. Then again, they vary based on the degree one is undergoing. However, you will come across the usual suspects - essays, multiple choice, short answer.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
the are carefully constructed to ensure as many students fail as possible

iStudent

HSC
They are weird and I feel, not really standardised like they are in the HSC (where a huge board comes together to write FAIR and *DOABLE* questions).

You can get these questions which you feel like is way out of your scope - questions that you'd have no idea how to answer coz they ask things that aren't even covered in the semester.......... pretty demotivating to study so hard only to realise that a solid portion of the exam is impossible to answer :(

Depends on what course I guess. For medicine there's not really any essays but the exams are definitely harder. In high school 90+% is the norm and expected. In uni, let's lower that to around 60%... (not because people have become lazier, just that it's impossible lol).

integral95

HSC
Brah like 20 minutes into the exam, the supervisor would interrupt the time, noting a mistake in one of the questions. What is even proofreading?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Brah like 20 minutes into the exam, the supervisor would interrupt the time, noting a mistake in one of the questions. What is even proofreading?
brah i can't deal

last year in one of my finals at the racecourse, there was 2 other subjects doing exams and their exam was munted with errors and the dumbass supervisor kept interrupting and destroying my focus to correct the question fkn hell

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
You would think that they would give it to the head demonstrator to look it over

HSC
Exams in uni are fairly similar to those you do in the HSC, except a tad harder and more vague. Then again, they vary based on the degree one is undergoing. However, you will come across the usual suspects - essays, multiple choice, short answer.
oh okay okay okay. thank you!

HSC
They are weird and I feel, not really standardised like they are in the HSC (where a huge board comes together to write FAIR and *DOABLE* questions).

You can get these questions which you feel like is way out of your scope - questions that you'd have no idea how to answer coz they ask things that aren't even covered in the semester.......... pretty demotivating to study so hard only to realise that a solid portion of the exam is impossible to answer :(

Depends on what course I guess. For medicine there's not really any essays but the exams are definitely harder. In high school 90+% is the norm and expected. In uni, let's lower that to around 60%... (not because people have become lazier, just that it's impossible lol).
ooohh... that sounds.........terrible.
either way, many thanks to u :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)