Lab technician question (1 Viewer)

Graceuf

HSC
Hello!
So, I'm a a first year student currently studying a Bachelor of Science majoring in Chemistry. I'm still not 100% certain of what I want to do when I graduate (is anyone?) but I'm a solid 90% sure I want to work in the health/medicine industry in some capacity preferably as a lab technician at this stage. My current plan is to finish this year and transfer into a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (I'll have 4 courses of credit towards it) but I can also remain in a Bachelor of Science and complete a double major in Chemistry and Biology.

Basically I'm asking what would be better, I'm kinda in between at the moment with no real preference to either one. Maybe more science because I'm already in it and I can do a masters to teach if I feel like it later on. I'm just rambling now.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!! :)

Other things to consider (maybe?)
- I'm at the University of Newcastle and changing universities is not something I can nor want to currently consider
- I'm interested in the idea of doing postgrad studies but that's not certain but is there a particular degree that will have more options?
- I'm also interested in going on a semester/year abroad if I can

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Go for the one that offers you more credit, if the subjects you do in each are similar then it doesn't really matter. As for lab tech stuff try to get some research internships or summer research internships that you can use to your advantage.

Graceuf

HSC
Okay, let me reword my question. Should I stay in a Bachelor of Science or transfer to Biomed next year? Sorry. I was kinda just rattling off all the questions in my head earlier so it probably didn't make much sense.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Okay, let me reword my question. Should I stay in a Bachelor of Science or transfer to Biomed next year? Sorry. I was kinda just rattling off all the questions in my head earlier so it probably didn't make much sense.
If the subjects in Biomed are very similar to the subjects you would do majoring in chem/bio then I wouldn't bother transferring. If they are quite varied then I would transfer over. It doesn't make a difference unless the programs are hugely varied.

Graceuf

HSC
The courses are quite different but I feel like science gives me similar oppurtunities at the end? Or the ability to work my way to similar positions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)