Stay in WSU or Transfer to MACQ (1 Viewer)

azza97

HSC
Hey guys, as shown on the title I'm stuck between the choice of staying in WSU (UWS) or transferring to Macquarie. It's my second year with WSU as an undergraduate studying dual bachelor's degree in ICT and Business however a lot of my mates who initially started in the same uni ended up transferring to Macquarie. I'm not trying to base friendship as my measure of choosing which uni is best but I do understand Macquarie's reputation and it has been on my mind for some time now.

By reputation I'm mainly referring to employability, the rankings (https://www.timeshighereducation.co...y-top-universities-australia-ranked-employers) show Macquarie measures up pretty well compared to WSU which is affecting my thoughts on whether to stay or not. If I do decide to move however I risk losing the dual, and instead having to just do a single degree (either IT or commerce). So the final question is, is it worth making the move to Macquarie?

Has anyone had a similar experience and some advice they could share? It would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

sourmilk

HSC
A university's reputation is worth nothing if you don't make anything out of it. Employability ranking doesn't mean if you go to x uni and do nothing you'll get a job straight after you graduate.

Rather than centralise your choices on reputations, you should focus more on the course outline and which one sounds more beneficial in the future. Does one provided more internships/work experience? Does one provided you with more in-depth knowledge of the discipline you're gonna do? You should consider that as a contributing factor rather than reputation.

Besides, no one gets a job straight away after their degree. It's all about networking, connections, and internship/work experiences. Also, have you considered whether or not your credits you have done will transfer?

Also consider the fact how the top 10 universities on the list are also the biggest universities in Australia, henceforth larger pool of students = more numbers of them being employed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)