Computer Science students (1 Viewer)

hrithikroshan

HSC
What are your exams about?

Is it coding stuff you learn in uni? Apparently uni exams ask a lot of irrelevant stuff that probably wouldn't even be written on the syllabus hence the tests are really hard.

is it possible to do a cadetship/internship simultaneously and NOT study because you're using knowledge from your job/volunteering experience or is it theory you have to study?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Exams are about what you learn in the course usually. It can be anything from writing a segment of code, debugging a script or applying theory to answer hypothetical questions

idk who told you that they ask irrelevant stuff, have they been to uni or just guessing?

you can do an internship while not studying yes

hrithikroshan

HSC
Exams are about what you learn in the course usually. It can be anything from writing a segment of code, debugging a script or applying theory to answer hypothetical questions

idk who told you that they ask irrelevant stuff, have they been to uni or just guessing?

you can do an internship while not studying yes
Ooh I see, thank you!!
My brother and a few others - apparently its stuff from outside sources that's loosely RELEVANT but not explicitly stated? And thats why you mainly have to just pass exams

With the internship part i meant that if I take an internship, would it make it easier for me at uni? Like I wouldnt have to study the uni course itself much because I'd be learning stuff during my internship/ extra home study. Then I wouldnt have to study extra for uni because I'd already be doing that coding stuff in an internship/ cadetship/ volunteering.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Ooh I see, thank you!!
My brother and a few others - apparently its stuff from outside sources that's loosely RELEVANT but not explicitly stated? And thats why you mainly have to just pass exams

With the internship part i meant that if I take an internship, would it make it easier for me at uni? Like I wouldnt have to study the uni course itself much because I'd be learning stuff during my internship/ extra home study. Then I wouldnt have to study extra for uni because I'd already be doing that coding stuff in an internship/ cadetship/ volunteering.
Yea nah, does your brother go to UTS or something? Whatever you learn the course pops up in exams. It is very rare that something completely out of left field will pop up in an exam.

You do have to study the uni course in order to get your degree. I have never heard of someone getting a course substitution from an internship.

If you mean that you're learning the course content parallel with your internship, that will be very very rare. A company would not employ someone who does not know anything about the thing they are meant to do

would Microsoft hire someone to design their next operating system if they haven't learnt operating systems at uni already?

keepLooking

HSC
would Microsoft hire someone to design their next operating system if they haven't learnt operating systems at uni already?
yes. they will hire the god squareroot from TAFE bc u have Dip Tech Eng @ Mt Druitt.

Regarding the exam, "coding stuff" is really too broad. Exam content will almost always be relevant and explicitly stated on the lecture notes or prescribed textbook otherwise students will definitely complain. I doubt an internship can help studying for uni but uni will definitely help with the internship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)