Pharmacy? (1 Viewer)

Robbie M

HSC
Hey guys, I was wondering what the benefits are of doing a Masters in Pharmacy as opposed to a bachelor of Pharmacy.
Also could anyone recommend any good Unis for studying Pharmacy?

Thanks

4Indigoo

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure only USyd offers undergraduate pharmacy. The job market is pretty tough for pharmacy graduates so maybe with that in mind it might be better to get an undergraduate degree in something more "safe" and then do pharmacy later if you still want it? Just a thought..

leilasharifi

HSC
Apparently employers view a BPharm degree in higher regard than MPharm (which has been called a "crash course in Pharmacy"), so it would probably be better to just to do a Bachelor of Pharmacy unless you don't get the marks (90 atar). However if you're unsure or may want to do something other than a Pharmacy related job doing a Bachelor of Science or something as an undergrad could be a viable option

I only know this cause Pharmacy is one of top preferences! USYD is the only one in Sydney that offers an undergrad as the comment above said, and its considered the top uni for health sciences. However, it's also offered at Charles Sturt and UOW but I definitely wouldn't recommend doing it there if you could get into USYD.

Hope that helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)