To 2017 graduates (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Mechanical/ Petroleum engineering at UNSW ultimately, if all goes well
Just curious, why petroleum engineering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Just curious, why petroleum engineering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mainly cause there is an apparent good pay that comes with it which probably happens when there is really high demand for petroleum but also because I have a general interest in studying about petroleum based off of HSC chemistry. I would've chosen Mechanical/Civil or Mechanical/Mining however I couldn't find those degrees as options on the UNSW site. I'm also pretty sure its a lot more hands on work compared to the other engineering disciplines which is something I also like

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Mainly cause there is an apparent good pay that comes with it which probably happens when there is really high demand for petroleum but also because I have a general interest in studying about petroleum based off of HSC chemistry. I would've chosen Mechanical/Civil or Mechanical/Mining however I couldn't find those degrees as options on the UNSW site. I'm also pretty sure its a lot more hands on work compared to the other engineering disciplines which is something I also like
if you're planning to do petro in australia you will have a hard time finding a decent job

mechanical is more versitile and more opportunities for jobs

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
if you're planning to do petro in australia you will have a hard time finding a decent job

mechanical is more versitile and more opportunities for jobs
Yeah that's half the reason why I kept mechanical cause it would save me from becoming jobless haha, but I wanted to have a job like petroleum/mining/civil cause in the future 10 years or so there may possibly be a higher demand for those resources even if petroleum engineering will probably die out in the near future eventually

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah that's half the reason why I kept mechanical cause it would save me from becoming jobless haha, but I wanted to have a job like petroleum/mining/civil cause in the future 10 years or so there may possibly be a higher demand for those resources even if petroleum engineering will probably die out in the near future eventually
it is possible to work in those industry with a mechanical qualification

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)