USyd vs. UNSW (1 Viewer)

Caipiroska

HSC
Most of the existing threads on this debate are rather old, so I thought I'd remake it with a new twist.
The Scenario:
We are still in the pre-ATAR release days. I have received an early entry offer from USyd via E12 (ATAR 80 + $6k) and have an offer from St. Johns college for on campus accommodation. I also have an interview request from UNSW for Rural and Coop scholarships ($12K ATAR 92 and $18K ATAR 96 per year respectively). I have no idea how I went in the HSC, nor what the ATAR will be: I can count on a few EAS points though (Distance Education, Financial Issues, Rural School). Estimated from my trial marks I only got a 89 (without any bonuses). My course is electrical engineering. I'm primarily going to university to excel in my degree and industry, but am looking for a university with a great student lifestyle. I will be joining the EngSoc, debating and basketball teams, and the Roteract Club.

Given the information in the scenario, which university of the two (UNSW vs. USyd) should I go for?

captainneuro

HSC
unsw sounds like the better option
A bit biased coming from you but ye I think unsw is better anyway lmao, but if you do get 92-96, by all means, go for unsw, considering the $$$ from scholarship and it being the #1 engineering faculty in Aus

Last edited:

iamedwy

HSC
Go for UNSW, trust me the coop program can take u very far! very very far! you would have already gained 40% of success already!

Meanwhile, you can still open yourself for all other universities' course offerings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)