Studying business/commerce at usyd or uts (1 Viewer)

FionaHarrietC

HSC
O.P.
I'm currently in a dilemma over which university I want to attend. I recently received my atar of 98.50 which was higher than I expected whereby I planned to go to uts to study business for a while because I didn't think I would get into usyd however I was always mesmerised by the "prestige" of usyd.

I applied through uac to do a double degree at uts which is bachelor of business/bachelor of creative intelligence and innovation ( which in 2017 required 97.87 atar and now dropped to 90 in 2018 which made me a bit apprehensive of the course) of which I received an offer.

I want to major in marketing and management and am not very mathematical (dropped it in hsc year). I like how uts is known for its innovation and forward thinking and it's practical ways of teaching. But I'm very drawn to usyd due to its reputation and connections. I want to know if the usyd commerce course is practical in teaching and do I have an equal chance to get HDs and ds if I put work into It as I heard that there is a "bell curve" marking system there. Is it very maths based and will I be able to reach my full potential

I would like some guidance because I'm very lost

kamiyato

HSC
Hmmm I'm not very sure if I will be very helpful but I also have been drawn to USYD cuz of their prestige and connections which led me to reject my UTS offers and enroll into commerce/adv studies at USYD. You have an ATAR over 98 so you will be offered Dalyell Scholars in ur commerce course at USYD which will greatly help you and open you up to more opportunities. They have this careers office too to guide you for internships and jobs of the like so u really can't go that wrong. But in terms of industry based learning, I think UTS wins in that area. I'm pretty sure USYD in more theory based. But hey USYD's commerce degrees are pretty great regardless. Lets be friends haha

FionaHarrietC

HSC
Hmmm I'm not very sure if I will be very helpful but I also have been drawn to USYD cuz of their prestige and connections which led me to reject my UTS offers and enroll into commerce/adv studies at USYD. You have an ATAR over 98 so you will be offered Dalyell Scholars in ur commerce course at USYD which will greatly help you and open you up to more opportunities. They have this careers office too to guide you for internships and jobs of the like so u really can't go that wrong. But in terms of industry based learning, I think UTS wins in that area. I'm pretty sure USYD in more theory based. But hey USYD's commerce degrees are pretty great regardless. Lets be friends haha

Haha we should. I want to major in marketing as well as either management or international business. So I'm hoping usyd is able to cater to that because I know that it's good at finance and so on.

Do u think that we would have an equal chance to get ds and HDs if we put our hard effort into it and compete well with students from selective schools (as I didn't go to a selective school). This is because usyd apparently marks in a bell curve system whereby not too many people can get HDs or ds.

I'll send u the uts course that I was thinking of doing and let me know what u think.

Sorry I just noticed that I made a minor typo, my atar was 97.05. Sorry I've got to learn to typ a bit slower . So yeah I don't think that allows me to qualify for the daylell scholar.

But do you think usyd will help me in marketing or is it just for mathematical business majors

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Both great universities but usyd commerce for sure. Marketing is a decent major if you're interested but I would suggest against management. It is absolutely useless. If you're bad at maths, take up accounting and that will be much more useful and increase your graduate opportunities DRAMARICALLY.

And yes it is materially harder to grt a HD at usyd than uts (source: friends who studied at both + gf's business assignments)

FionaHarrietC

HSC
Both great universities but usyd commerce for sure. Marketing is a decent major if you're interested but I would suggest against management. It is absolutely useless. If you're bad at maths, take up accounting and that will be much more useful and increase your graduate opportunities DRAMARICALLY.

And yes it is materially harder to grt a HD at usyd than uts (source: friends who studied at both + gf's business assignments)
https://www.uts.edu.au/future-stude...dergraduate-courses/creative-intelligence-and

Here is the course at uts that I am comparing to usyd's commerce. This creative intelligence and innovativation degree will be partnered with bachelor of business. What do you guys think? Is it worthwhile or is usyd still the better option. arently with the uts creative intelligence course students actually work with major businesses such as Honda etc whereby they work in a transdiciplinary way in order to help solve their problems and think innovatively (basically you work with other students from different faculties and come together to solve different problems the business has so I would come forward with my marketing suggestions, IT would come forward with ways to better improve the product) ect. That is essentially what is throwing me off because I see that as an edge when entering employment but I like usyd better.

But yeah if I go to usyd HDs and ds although may be a bit harder to get, but is it still possible for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)