Comm/Eco vs Comm/Computer Science @UNSW (1 Viewer)

WishIWasSmart

HSC
I'm not sure which to choose :cry: :cry:
pls help

edit: I can't seem to decide bc I don't know what these degrees offer. Like, does eco have a lot of essays, or is it very maths-based? Or, I heard CS graduates have decent job markets, but there's also the advantage of an extra business major that Comm/Eco offers, so I'm not sure how to evaluate them
I'm not asking for someone to decide for me (sorry if it seemed like it), but to help me decide by outlining the degrees

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure which to choose :cry: :cry:
pls help

edit: I can't seem to decide bc I don't know what these degrees offer. Like, does eco have a lot of essays, or is it very maths-based? Or, I heard CS graduates have decent job markets, but there's also the advantage of an extra business major that Comm/Eco offers, so I'm not sure how to evaluate them
I'm not asking for someone to decide for me (sorry if it seemed like it), but to help me decide by outlining the degrees
You would have benefited going to the uni open days.

Eco and CS are very different from each other and require different skill sets. Eco is definitely more essay, analytic based, whereas CS is logic, programming, design thought processed. Eco requires you to understand data (e.g. understanding and interpreting historical trends) whereas CS requires you to generate and process that data (e.g. create an application to illustrate historical trends).

Both have different job markets and ultimately do different things.

sida1049

HSC
Depending what kind of economics you study, it may be essay-based or mathematical. Personally, in my two years of studying economics, I've only had to write a single essay; everything else was multiple choice and algebra.

WishIWasSmart

HSC
Depending what kind of economics you study, it may be essay-based or mathematical. Personally, in my two years of studying economics, I've only had to write a single essay; everything else was multiple choice and algebra.
what are you majoring in?

sida1049

HSC
what are you majoring in?
Mathematics, statistics and economics at USYD. I'm studying economics in the pre-honours stream, which has more mathematical modelling and rigour as opposed to essay-writing (in fact, as far as I know, the pre-honours units have zero essays). But I'll probably end up doing honours in maths or stats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)