I dropped Maths in Year 11, will I be able to survive Science at Uni? (1 Viewer)

Wisteria0

HSC
I've always been terrible at Maths and was relieved to drop it ASAP, but now I heard that 4-unit maths is compulsory for the Science course. Am I doomed?

Thanks, all responses are greatly appreciated :D.

Ps. Also didn't take Chemistry...RIP

Orwell

HSC
Well, whether you survive or not falls second to the fact that it's compulsory meaning you can't do it anyway.

Wisteria0

HSC
Oh well...guess thats too bad :fish:

@nomouth - I'm not sure, I was just told that its mandatory to take 4 unit maths or something.

Thanks anyways :> More responses are always appreciated.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
I don't think there are any courses that will require you to do 4u maths in uni but I suppose doing 4U maths gives you an advantage over non 4U kids, that said just bc you didnt do 4u maths doesnt mean you'll be doomed, you just need to work your arse off and ask for assistance when u need it

captainneuro

HSC
Lmao there aren’t any sci courses that needs 4u, can get through it with genny maffs/2u

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
It wouldnt be mandatory but it sure can be assumed knowledge for some courses

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

JC321

HSC
Physics and (of course) Maths require good maths. Other sciences not so much. But don't think because you didn't get it at school you won't get it at uni (and vice versa). Hard work and determination are key.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)