B Vet Biol / DVM Transfer (1 Viewer)

chidzz

HSC
Is there a possibility of transferring to the combined B VetBiol/DVM degree at USYD from the BSci/BAdvStu(AVBS)?? I really want to get into the DVM course instead of doing it post-grad otherwise I'll have to study for 8 years rather than 6-7. I've also heard it is possible to do vet nursing at tafe then complete the DVM course which would also take less time.

Has anyone else done this or now anything about getting into the combined DVM degree?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Yes it's possible if you satisfy the requirements

Entry to the BVetBiol/DVM is assessed on the basis of academic results. For Year 12 students this will be the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent. For non-year 12 students, this might be an ATAR or equivalent or Grade Point average (GPA) from tertiary study at bachelor level.

Commitment to Veterinary Science
Applicants should demonstrate a firm and continuing commitment to the study of Veterinary Science. Evidence of such commitment could include work experience in veterinary practice or in animal related industries and membership of organisations such as WIRES. Commitment to veterinary science is to be detailed on the prescribed School form.

Inherent requirements
In addition to the academic requirements set out in the Faculty Handbook, you will be required to satisfy a number of inherent requirements to complete this course. Please review the Inherent Requirements for Veterinary Medicine before completing your application.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)