Going to UNSW, below cut-off (1 Viewer)

FrequentBF4

HSC
N/A
Want to do software engineering at UNSW but cut off is 92. I got 86.15 thats with my 5 bonus points taken into account EAS

What are my chances of getting in, if its my first preference.

Last edited:

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Want to do software engineering at UNSW but cut off is 92. I got 86.15 with 5 bonus points (EAS)

What are my chacnes of getting in, if its my first preference.
I am a bit confused, did u get 91.15 or 86.15 (because you said you got 5 bonus points)

captainneuro

HSC
You’re still under the cut off after the 5 bonus points, may have a chance but idk how lenient unsw are. I know usyd aren’t.

Jakulore

HSC
UNSW tend to be a bit more lenient than USYD would in terms of admission, though it just depends. You may get an offer, but you may not. For a more accurate estimation, the university now puts out the actual entry marks (admissions transparency), so you could check the lowest and the median scores for admissions last year if that helps!

https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/admission-unsw

Btw, based on this the lowest admission ATAR for 2016 was 83.15. Though these are more likely to have been special circumstances.

Lilabear

HSC
UNSW tend to be a bit more lenient than USYD would in terms of admission, though it just depends. You may get an offer, but you may not. For a more accurate estimation, the university now puts out the actual entry marks (admissions transparency), so you could check the lowest and the median scores for admissions last year if that helps!

https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/admission-unsw

Btw, based on this the lowest admission ATAR for 2016 was 83.15. Though these are more likely to have been special circumstances.
Where they have the median, highest and lowest ATAR's, are those without bonus points?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)