which uni is best for primary education/special education?? (1 Viewer)

amie0401

HSC
Okay so I'm about to go into year 11 this year (2018) and I've been looking around at the different universities in Sydney for the career that I'm interested in. I am currently looking at either:

1. An undergraduate degree in Primary Education and then a postgraduate degree in Special Education,

- OR -

2. An undergraduate degree in Special Education.

I'm looking at either:
- UTS
- Macquarie
- ACU
- Sydney Uni
- UNSW

Originally I wasn't looking at ACU but I did some searching and I found out that it's the top ranked university in Australia for Education (not sure how reliable my sources are though so please let me know if that's wrong). Also heard that Sydney Uni has a pretty good reputation for their Education courses. Wasn't so sure about Macquarie but then my school went for a tour there and I was actually surprised that I liked it (wasn't originally considering it). My sister goes to UNSW and says that she likes it, but I'm not sure whether the Education sector is good or not, I haven't been to any open days for it. UTS visited our school for a talk and from what they showed us I think it looks like a really good uni, I also love how modern it is compared to Sydney Uni. Though Sydney Uni has really amazing architecture and history (pretty sure UNSW does too, only been to Sydney uni for a school tour), I personally feel like it would be a boring learning environment for me.

If there are any other universities you guys can think of that would be good for Primary Education + Special Education or just Special Education, please tell me! Otherwise, if you go to any of the universities I put down, let me know what you like/don't like about it. Thanks! :)

captainneuro

HSC
doesn't necessarily matter what uni for primary ed, don't have to go to the 'top' ones. Just choose one you feel you'd enjoy and get the most out of for yourself personally.

STUDENT K

HSC
Just also letting you know that unsw doesn't do primary education, they only do secondary, so that is one that you can cross off your list.

STUDENT K

HSC
Also, i am going to mq for primary education this year so i can tell you your options there. you can do a double degree in arts/prim educ, psychology/prim educ, OR prim/early educ (birth - 12) for undergraduate (4 years), and then you can do a masters in special education which takes a further 2 years.

I'm not sure about the other unis sorry :)

Oh and also, i reckon that you should do a degree in primary education first (and if you get electives choose some special education units to see if you like them) so that you have the option of being just a normal teacher if you don't wanna do special education anymore.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Just also letting you know that unsw doesn't do primary education, they only do secondary, so that is one that you can cross off your list.
na they recently started doing it from 2018, only for masters tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)