Why didn’t I receive an offer? (1 Viewer)

lousinoa

HSC
I was expecting to receive an offer into UNSW Medical Science for January Round 1, with an atar cutoff of 91. My ATAR was 90.85, but by achieving a band 6 in biology, I received 3 bonus points making my ATAR 93.85. I just logged into UAC and I didn’t get an offer? I was even above the cutoff... Plus the 2018 guaranteed entry selection rank is 92.00, so I’m even above that. Also I viewed UNSW’s admissions transparency for 2017, and someone received an offer with 81.35 but I can’t even receive an offer with 93.85?! I’m even above the 25th percentile. Should I call up UAC today? I’m crying and so pissed off right now :mad:

Last edited:

engineering

HSC
N/A
Did you get an offer in the pre Xmas round in Dec?

Was medical science at UNSW your number 1 choice for today’s round?

If you have a higher list preference that was given to you in a previous round, you won’t get lower preferences in later rounds. They assume you are happy with what you got, unless you change prefs.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Just saw the time stamps.

You posted before 7 am, then edited before 7.30 am.

Offers went out at 7.30 am.

lousinoa

HSC
My offer came out earlier than 7:30 this morning for some reason. It was my number 1 preference for today’s round, but I now know why I didn’t receive an offer - the ATAR jumped from 91 in December Round 2 to 96 for January Round 1. I didn’t know the ATAR cutoffs could change from round to round :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)