Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sida1049

Thread: Which degree would be better?

HSC

Which degree would be better?

Hey there,

So I managed to receive a January Round 1 offer this morning - Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) at UNSW.
    My December round offer was Adv. Science and Adv. Studies at USyd (w/ Dalyell Scholars).

Only situation now is that I'm not sure which degree to take. I wish to possibly transfer into Medicine (either undergraduate or postgraduate) and I've heard that Adv. Science would be a pretty good place to start, especially with Dalyell Scholars.

However, if I don't do medicine in the end by any chance, I've heard that job prospects with Adv. Science is quite low compared to Psychology.

As a result, I'm not too sure what to do. Do you guys have any insight or advice?

Thanks!
    2017 HSC: Eng (Adv.) · 3U Math · 4U Math · Chem · Phys · Bio

HSC

Re: Which degree would be better?

Why not do B. Adv Sci/B. Adv Studies and major in something that might be relevant to medicine plus psychology? Doing a psychology honours under B. Sci is exactly the same as doing B. Psychology with honours.

The only other thing is that you have to choose the between the unis, but I don't really think it matters very much. I recommend the combined degree route because it gives enables you to simultaneously have an attempt at getting into medicine and secure a pathway into a psychology career (if you end up not doing medicine).
    captainhelium likes this.

Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) III, USYD

Thread Information