Which degree would be better??? (1 Viewer)

IIIIIIIIIII

HSC
Hey peoples,

So I have currently managed to receive 2 university offers including:

1. Construction Project Management at UTS
2. Civil Engineering (Honours) at UNSW

I'm currently unsure as to which course would better assist me in becoming a project manager in the future. I really like both courses. hence it has made it difficult for me to choose.

Also, I have heard that Civil Engineers can become Project Managers but not the other way around. Is this true?

Anyways, Any feedback on both courses would be greatly appreciated on how the courses are themselves and how jobs are after university.

Thanks

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Well the one with project management in the title will probably be best. Note that USYD has a dual degree of construction management and civil engineering :)

baktiar77

HSC
IMO Construction Management is pretty useless, essentially a glorified Business degree with a few sprinkles of building and OHS.

Do Civil at UNSW and in your final year where you can choose a thesis/project, choose the relevant construction management courses.

And lastly, avoid Engineering at USyd. :eek:

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah project managers cant become civil engineers because you need a degree in civil engineering to become a civil engineer, but to become a project manager or almost any other type of manager you dont really need a degree you just need experience and management skills

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)