Which LAPTOP should i get for uni??? (1 Viewer)

STUDENT K

HSC
Hi everyone,

So basically, my laptop has carked it, and i'm gunna need a new one, cause i'm starting at uni next month.

What laptops would you recommend to me? Preferably a 2-in-1 hybrid kinda one with a touch screen. 13 inch-ish would be good i reckon. And with enough usb ports, a hdmi port, Good battery life, nice power and what not, etc.

Oh, and not too expensive preferably, as i am now a broke uni student that has to pay for rent, food, etc.

Thanks fam. :monkey:

shumphrey

HSC
maybe this?

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/le...-ssd-w10-touch-ab86159#detailTabs=tabOverview

its decent and ok price

EDIT: also dont get a mac, they are fragile (sometimes more so than a 2in1 model), overpriced and the actual hardware is kinda shit. The only thing they got going for them is "design".

As a student fetching out the cash isn't worth it and the repairs are also expensive, not to mention apples service people being incompitent

Last edited:

mrstripedshades

HSC
maybe this?

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/le...-ssd-w10-touch-ab86159#detailTabs=tabOverview

its decent and ok price

EDIT: also dont get a mac, they are fragile (sometimes more so than a 2in1 model), overpriced and the actual hardware is kinda shit. The only thing they got going for them is "design".

As a student fetching out the cash isn't worth it and the repairs are also expensive, not to mention apples service people being incompitent
I understand the cash issues, but you can get a decent one after working for a month and a bit. That may seem like a big investment, but for instance my sisters had her mac for 4 years with no problems to it.

Air's are fairly affordable, moreso then otherwise, and suit the needs of majority of students. Only really film/design students may need actual macbooks (NEED) or pros. And most do use mac's, they are easier to use, very good for editing etc.

Thats pretty much also the reason business students and workers in most industries use macbooks, they are mobile, optimised for ease of use (which comes with low scope for personalisation), secure and battery life.

A macs design, sleekness, weight etc. is compact, hence its accompanied with some fragility. However, I have no clue how anyone damages laptops in general. Espec stuff lighta s macs.

I also definitely disagree about customer service, its much better than pretty much all of the tech industry/retail stores.

That being said if my course needed a windows system, I still didnt feel the pricepoint was worth it, etc. I'd DEFINITELY go with lenovo instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)