I don't understand how FEE help works for under and post grad. (1 Viewer)

RAY RAY 20

HSC
N/A
I am trying to understand how hecs and FEE help works.
I am considering studying nursing (or medical science) and doing gamsat and hopefully transferring to medicine, how do I pay for both degrees? is there a limit? do i get help from the government? i am really unclear on how it works because there are a few different types of help, so can someone explain to me how one would pay for an undergrad and postgrad degree?
thank you

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
By applying for HECs you are pretty much applying for a student loan from the government, so the government pays for your uni fees and you are in debt.

When enrolling into the uni, you are given the option of paying the fees up front (which is a hefty amount) or by applying for HECs (which can be much easier to pay off and so is used quite often). After applying for this people can either get a part time job or any other type of job which they may use to pay the debt off, have their parents pay it off or after getting the degree use the income they earn from the job they get from the degree to pay it off.

Depending on the uni you plan to go to the price of the fees differ but generally the cost of going to much more prestiges and higher ranked unis will cost more than going to lower ranked ones. Also generally the longer you stay in uni the more your debt increases. People who do plan to spend more time in uni would find it smart to apply for scholarships that a uni may offer as these can pay off most if not all of the debt they may end up with.

There is no limit, and for usyd you can find the cost of the fees on the page of each of the courses (for nursing its about 6.5k for medical science its about 9k and for doctor of medicine its about 10k etc).

Oh and I forgot to add as long as your family isnt too rich you can also apply for centrelink and get assistance from their as well

Last edited:

RAY RAY 20

HSC
N/A
By applying for HECs you are pretty much applying for a student loan from the government, so the government pays for your uni fees and you are in debt.

When enrolling into the uni, you are given the option of paying the fees up front (which is a hefty amount) or by applying for HECs (which can be much easier to pay off and so is used quite often). After applying for this people can either get a part time job or any other type of job which they may use to pay the debt off, have their parents pay it off or after getting the degree use the income they earn from the job they get from the degree to pay it off.

Depending on the uni you plan to go to the price of the fees differ but generally the cost of going to much more prestiges and higher ranked unis will cost more than going to lower ranked ones. Also generally the longer you stay in uni the more your debt increases. People who do plan to spend more time in uni would find it smart to apply for scholarships that a uni may offer as these can pay off most if not all of the debt they may end up with.

There is no limit, and for usyd you can find the cost of the fees on the page of each of the courses (for nursing its about 6.5k for medical science its about 9k and for doctor of medicine its about 10k etc).

Oh and I forgot to add as long as your family isnt too rich you can also apply for centrelink and get assistance from their as well
thank you this makes a lot of sense now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)