medicinE? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hi ppl
i wud like 2 know which is da best uni for medicine. i have just started yr 12 n i aim 2 do medicine. hopefully i will get into it. but i wud like 2 know which is da best uni n wat uai does it require? n wat r it's other requirements?

bye
elizabethy:cool: :D :)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
adelaide has one of the best undergraduate medicine courses, and newcastle has a good program too

aby

------------>
it really depends on your style of learning and your compatibility with the different med programs because each uni is different. For example, different forms of learning (PBL as opposed to lectures), the duration of the courses vary from 5-7, the clinical exposure and work experience, the hospitals they use, assessment procedures etc etc..

aby

------------>
sorry, forgot to answer question about the requirements...

Each program has different selection criteria, however the majority of the undergraduate programs (with the exception of james cook uni) requires some level of academic achievement as well as the results of the UMAT exam and an interview.

Some of the uni's weight these three components equally (unsw, uwa) whereas the others make offers to the people with the highest interview scores and who have achieved the minimum academic requirement (newcastle, adelaide ?). People are usually called for interview based on the UMAT results, and then the other factors determine who gets offered a place...

It's all quite different, however... the best thing u could do is to check out the websites of all the universities coz they can provide u with more specific info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)