Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By engineering

Thread: Transfering to USYD/UNSW from UTS

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Transfering to USYD/UNSW from UTS

Hello...A first year here..

What are the chances of transferring to USYD/UNSW Software Engineering with a credit average GPA and an atar of 81.15(86.15 if EAS taken into account)

I am currently studying Software Engineering at UTS.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Transfering to USYD/UNSW from UTS

Quote Originally Posted by FrequentBF4 View Post
    Hello...A first year here..

What are the chances of transferring to USYD/UNSW Software Engineering with a credit average GPA and an atar of 81.15(86.15 if EAS taken into account)

I am currently studying Software Engineering at UTS.
    Software engineering at UNSW is 91 so I dont think you would be able to get into UNSW software engineering straight away (you could apply for something called SCATS https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu....0Form_2018.pdf)

And to transfer for UNSW you will need to apply by the end of the year (if they were to judge your uni marks you would need to do at least 3/4 of a year to a year of uni)

I'd suggest you also apply for credit transfer

tbh if I were you I would've done something like bachelor of arts at UNSW then apply for IPT to transfer into software engineering for Semester 2

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxnuts View Post
    Software engineering at UNSW is 91 so I dont think you would be able to get into UNSW software engineering straight away (you could apply for something called SCATS https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu....0Form_2018.pdf)

And to transfer for UNSW you will need to apply by the end of the year (if they were to judge your uni marks you would need to do at least 3/4 of a year to a year of uni)

I'd suggest you also apply for credit transfer

tbh if I were you I would've done something like bachelor of arts at UNSW then apply for IPT to transfer into software engineering for Semester 2
    What WAM would I need to get an offer to either UNSW or Usyd. I heard its a 75/25 split of what they want 75%(WAM) and 25% being HSC ATAR

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Probably have to apply for Usyd. after my first year, alot of the subjects are very similar to UTS's

HSC
    N/A

What WAM would I need to get an offer to either UNSW or Usyd. I heard its a 75/25 split of what they want 75%(WAM) and 25% being HSC ATAR
    not sure you'll need to contact UNSW future students and ask them bc they'll know more. I think it becomes "split" if you do more than 8 subjects a year. iirc if it was 4 subjects per semester, then ATAR will be considered

HSC
    N/A

https://sydney.edu.au/study/admissio...versities.html Suggests usyd uses the better of your original high school ATAR, and the ATAR equivalent of your current uni GPA (assuming it is 1 year full time).

https://medstudentsonline.com.au/for...version.34504/ Contains a scan of the uac conversion from gpa to ATAR equivalent. Your credit average GPA of 5 is equal to an ATAR of 89.

Not sure if EAS counts once you are out of school, but even if it counts it is still less than your GPA equivalent.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by engineering View Post
    https://sydney.edu.au/study/admissio...versities.html Suggests usyd uses the better of your original high school ATAR, and the ATAR equivalent of your current uni GPA (assuming it is 1 year full time).

https://medstudentsonline.com.au/for...version.34504/ Contains a scan of the uac conversion from gpa to ATAR equivalent. Your credit average GPA of 5 is equal to an ATAR of 89.

Not sure if EAS counts once you are out of school, but even if it counts it is still less than your GPA equivalent.
    Sweet. I can get over a credit average then.

Do you reckon I have a good chance with a GPA of 5.00-6.

I will be applying after my first year.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

BTW I am doing 48 credit points so I am a full time student.

HSC
    N/A

Do you reckon I have a good chance with a GPA of 5.00-6.
    This is not a lottery, there is no “chance”.

If you meet the criteria you get in (so you could say 100%), if you don’t make the cutoff you don’t get in (0%).
    sabbabbby likes this.

Thread Information