Need some guidance ASAP (1 Viewer)

notyesbutno

HSC
I've finished my HSC last year (2017), and wanted to do Med/Dent but my UMAT score wasnt enough. I started uni this year doing combined actuary and commerce at UNSW but then decided to drop math1151 to focus on UMAT. As of now, i am studying microeconomics, accounting and finance. I'm looking to apply for undergrad med/dent all around Australia, and i know i need a high GPA. However, with semester 2 approaching, i realised that commerce subjects are not my thing and actually unbearable to study.
In case i dont do med/dent next year, i also plan to apply for optom and physio.
My problem is that im uncertain of what to do next semester, I heard that transferring degrees in sem2 means that your sem1 marks dont account for in your WAM/GPA you receive at the end of sem2. (or do they count as my free electives)
My main concern is; if im unable to get into any med/dent or physio/optom next year, ill be stuck in a course i cant find any motivation to study for for another semester next year.
Basically (my question): Should i transfer into commerce/science next semester and just grind through it, or pick an easier degree to get a high WAM/GPA

captainneuro

HSC
You should be able to transfer after sem 1 to clinical optom at unsw with your atar (assuming it’s 97+ since you’re in actuary)
If not, I wouldn’t recommend transferring courses but if you can’t bear it, maybe transfer to vision science (which has 96 cut off) and can do clinical optom after that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)