What's more important: the uni itself or the city it's located (1 Viewer)

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
I'm in a unique situation where I live a 3 hour drive away from Melbourne and 6 hours from Sydney, meaning that I will have to move regardless of where I choose to go to uni. I'm really unsure however if I should be considering the university course itself more than the city that the uni is located in. Basically I like the universities in Sydney more than in Melbourne, but I like Melbourne as a city better than Sydney, so I'm not really sure which one to give up.

If I go to Melbourne, I'll be living somewhere where I love, but I would be missing out on the uni course that I want to do that's located in Sydney, and I might have to change up my study pathway stuff. If I go to Sydney, I'll be doing a uni course that I feel would suit me best, and I would still be in a city that I love (albeit less than Melb), but if I don't end up liking the course, I may feel that I'm missing out on being in Melbourne (so like if I'm in Sydney and i decide to not do the course I wanted to do anymore and change, it could be changing to something I could easily be studying in Melbourne and that would be annoying, if that makes sense). I also have more family/friend connections in Melbourne compared to Sydney.

This might be overthinking it a bit and might come off as a bit petty, but it has been on my mind for a fair while.

brbstudying

HSC
I'd go to Melbourne! You won't be staying in the university for your whole life, but you will be staying in the city for (most likely) your whole life. Plus it's also good that you already have connections, which gives you a head-start in your social life. And University of Melbourne ranks 1st in Australia.

And no, it's not petty thinking because I'm actually sort of in a similar kind of predicament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)