Should I continue semester 2 or discontinue my studies and go on a half gap year. (1 Viewer)

Jehbe

HSC
So I'm currently studying information systems at UNSW. After finishing semester 1, I managed to fail 2 subjects.... mainly because I was too relaxed and laid back and didn't put enough effort into it and I regret it and hate myself for it. Because of this and the fact that after finishing semester 1, I found that I don't really enjoy or like this information systems degree. So I went on UAC and chose a business degree at UTS for this year's semester 2, however, even though my ATAR is above the cut off I didn't get the offer.... Now I am really lost and don't know what to do with my life, I'm very frustrated. I don't know if I should continue semester 2 having to retake 2 of the subjects or discontinue my studies at UNSW and go on a half gap year and resume my studies at the start of 2019 doing a different degree and uni. However, the pressure of my parents want me to graduate as fast as possible so if resume my studies next year I will graduate 1 year later... I don't want to have 2 fails on my academic transcript, but most importantly, I don't think I like this information systems degree very much even though I only completed 1 semester of it. What should I do? I am very frustrated with myself and I don't know what to do with my life.

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
Hey Man,

Don't stress, it's normal to not know what to study, think instead about what interests you or what your passionate about. Don't do a degree because you think it will have high paying job prospects, do something you will enjoy, it's better to be studying something which you enjoy than to be studying something which you hate :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Discontinue and reapply through uac for next year.

Alternativelly you could take business subjects currently at UNSW then try to transfer to a com degree sometime next year.

HSC
N/A
... I don't know what to do with my life.... Anyone got any advice?
Study Physics! I'm amazed at the amount of people walking universities not studying Physics, what the hell are you doing? The Universe is completely fascinating. Yes its a little tough on the math side of the brain, but very rewarding - and if someone else can understand it, so can you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)