• 1 Post By pikachu975
  • 1 Post By BLIT2014

Thread: Why is MAQ given so much shit

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Why is MAQ given so much shit

I recieved a GLEP offer for comm/law at MAQ
    Been doing some 'research' (so procrastinating on BOS)
    There are comments like jobs being non-existent for MAQ students, students wanting to transfer from MAQ to UNSW or USYD (especially for comm/law i've noticed)
    It's treated like the senior science of unis i swear
    May i ask why?
    I mean i get that it's cutoff is lower and it gives out a lot of early offers but is something i should be really worried about?
    The teaching, social environment,employ ability, support services, food .etc

HSC

Re: Why is MAQ given so much shit

Quote Originally Posted by ninjia View Post
    I recieved a GLEP offer for comm/law at MAQ
    Been doing some 'research' (so procrastinating on BOS)
    There are comments like jobs being non-existent for MAQ students, students wanting to transfer from MAQ to UNSW or USYD (especially for comm/law i've noticed)
    It's treated like the senior science of unis i swear
    May i ask why?
    I mean i get that it's cutoff is lower and it gives out a lot of early offers but is something i should be really worried about?
    The teaching, social environment,employ ability, support services, food .etc
    To be honest uni doesn't matter if you're a good candidate you'll get a job. That said, I've found MQ quite nice - I've met good people and friends ans everyone's supportive. I think there's a lot of societies to join with many events, the teaching has been fine so far, and there's many support services and opportunities including PACE (work experience kinda) and first step mentoring.
    ninjia likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Why is MAQ given so much shit

Macquarie's pretty good with food access as its close to Macquarie shops. Most (of thehe tutors/lecturers that I have come across) are really supportive and I feel like that has differed from some of my friends at other universities. The station is closing for about 9 months so that is another factor you'll need to consider getting to Uni if you choose to go to Macquarie.
    ninjia likes this.
    Maths is not a subject, it's a lifestyle choice
    - snipez264

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Thread Information