• USYD

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Macquarie

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters

Killah33

I'm off to UTS, doing Writing & Contemporary Cultures combined with Law. Anyone else doing the same?

And which uni you reckon is the best?

kini mini

HSC
I'm doing comm/law at UNSW. I think it's hard to say one uni is better in all respects than another, I picked UNSW over USyd because I think the quality of the programs is virtually identical, and UNSW is really close :D

1 more

fructis
HSC
Originally posted by Killah33
I'm off to UTS, doing Writing & Contemporary Cultures combined with Law. Anyone else doing the same?

That is my 3rd preference Killah33, so if i dont get into Arts/Law at UNSW or USYD, ill see you there.

schwang_thang

me, UTS
tho whether the course is law/biz or just plain biz, im not sure yet...just hope the cut offs didnt go up 2 much *fingers crossed*

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW

Commerce/Arts

although I pray my UAI is enough this year (95.25)
If not...then Commerce/Law @ Macquarie....and if not again...Commere/Arts @ Sydney

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Hopefully Sydney...if I get in:(
i don't know which UNI is "the best". It would differ from course to course, although people usually say Sydney is best overall...but who cares? It all comes down to who offers the course you want-not reputation.:)

timmii

sporadic attendee
USyd...uh unsw....uh usyd.....uh unsw......usyd?

Thats been my year.

At the moment I'm 85% going to usyd. Tomorrow may be different.

Commerce/law.

usyd is closer, have offered me a scholarship and is prettier, with an appealing sense of tradition (how superficial am I? :D)

unsw is supposed to have better commerce but is a *pain* to get to. Most of my school goes to unsw, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage simultaneously. It appears to be more modern.

My pro/con list goes for longer, but the more i think about it the more depressed/confused i become. Thus i will procrastinate my choice until next friday after their open days. Unsw however needs to offer a *very* convincing argument for me to change my prefs there tho, even tho i'm afraid i'll regret it if i don't go there.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by jessika

what sort of scholarship did you get offered? take it you'll regret it if you dont. I rejected a high achiever thing from another uni, and now Im regretting it big time.
It wasn't one of the presitigious ones...just one based on the uai, but still a scholarship.

What scholarship did u reject, why did u reject it, and how come u're already regretting it?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I'm doing a B commerce/ B advanced science at UNSW, I'll easy get in as I only need 94.5 and I got 98.5, can't see it rising 4 points based on recent trends. It is also very flexible in what you can major in as well (so many options which is what I like). :cool:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Im doing materials engineering/biomedical engineering at unsw. I wasnt sure whether to go to new south or sydney, but new south has more engineering courses that Im interseted in, and they're easier to get into. Since I got offered a scholarship for new south, Im probably going there going there.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
i gonna do commerce/arts at Usyd or Business/Int Studies @UTS . . . UNSW too far for me!!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Sif not - how come you're leaning towards usyd for ur comm/law or commerce?

p.s even if u *think* u may be bored by law, u may as well start in it and drop out, because its much harder to do the reverse! You may even *shock* enjoy it! :p

Jin-17

I am either off to UNSW, Syd or UTS. So many choices, makes life intersting:D Maybe the oepn days in early Jan will help me decide, and also the offears received from UAC.

schwang_thang

Originally posted by sif not 99
either com/law at usyd or strait commerce, dont think i could be bothered sitting through law lectures
serz? so many ppl wud kill 2 get in2 law at syd!! ure nuts!!

starrrboy

uni

i was like half a mark off writing and contemporary cultures at UTS DAMN! So I'll try for flexible entry into media and communications at USyd or else do the same at Wollongong.
I live in wollongong so am debating whether or not to travel up to usyd each day or not.
undecided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)