Bachelor of Information systems UNSW ??!!!! (1 Viewer)

crazygirl1

HSC
How is UNSW information systems ?

Anyone down the single degree , would really appreciate a review of quality and job prospects etc???

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of my friends do it - idk too much about job prospects but:

tbh it's the same as my degree (IT @ UTS)

Except I feel like you gain so much more out of the UNSW information systems degree, the subjects are definitely tailored much more to support a student interested in the field of technology. I feel like the first year info sys students know much much more than me, and would be more well prepared to go into the workforce than I am (even though it shouldn't really matter too much bc you mostly learn everything from scratch on the job anyway). I've helped my friends out in some of their subjects and I'm actually so jealous of how they actually force you to learn how to think (A REALLY REALLY GOOD SKILL), rather than get spoonfed the solutions.

But ye I think it's a good path to go down if you're interested in a career in IT - but keep in mind, if you do NOT have this interest it's probably not a good idea because I know a few people who switched to a commerce degree after semester 1. Also, I know a few graduates who are happy with where they ended up - most in consulting firms or as business analysts in companies. That being said, keep in mind that your degree doesnt matter too much - what matters is how you play your cards during and after uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)