fee paying courses (1 Viewer)

dissonance

So I'm considering the option of taking a full-fee paying course. But I'm wondering how much of a stigma is attached to those who do this. Are you looked down on because you didn't live up to the same UAI scores as everyone else? I mean, hell I'm sure I and everyone else would eventually get over it - but if fee-paying students have to take a lot crap for doing so I'd wanna take it into consideration.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by dissonance
So I'm considering the option of taking a full-fee paying course. But I'm wondering how much of a stigma is attached to those who do this. Are you looked down on because you didn't live up to the same UAI scores as everyone else? I mean, hell I'm sure I and everyone else would eventually get over it - but if fee-paying students have to take a lot crap for doing so I'd wanna take it into consideration.
hmm I don't think that would be the case. Once u get to uni people will forget about your UAI and will be more focused on their actual degree program. Hence they won't have time to look down on people who do the same course but are full-fee paying students.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
People won't know if you're fee paying or not. Not even the professors. So if you don't tell other people, they can't look down on you.

T

timbk2

noone really mentions it in uni.. and if they do.. noone looks down on them. Once you get into uni, everyone is on the same level, you all start fresh again, noone is considered smarter than the other.

I know people who pay full-fee even though they got a higher uai than required. They just got their preferences wrong or couldnt get a place cause it was too full.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
dont stress about it.
the only people I know that have ever gotten annoyed at it, are the people that missed out on the course they wanted cause they couldn't afford to pay full fees for it, and its not directed on the person that pays full fees its just basically cause they weren't given the same opportunity that they get pissed. generally noone gives a shit, and uai has to within 5 marks or something, so its not like the uni is only taking you cause your paying for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)